Body Conditioning & Qigong Self-Massage - Metal Massage Brush
For many years, my on-line students have asked me to provide them with the metal brush they have seen me using in my book and DVDs. I have been reluctant to do this without seeing the student first because this metal brush is not like the bamboo brush, if used incorrectly, it can cause damage to the body.
The person who uses this brush needs to be trained correctly and train with responsibility. But now that many of my students have followed all of the training from my first DVD through to my fifteenth, I feel, if their body is telling them they are ready to use this brush, then they are.
This is a professional brush, only to be used by highly trained martial artists, fighters, Qigong masters. It is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18, pregnant women, old people or health seekers. The Instant Health bamboo massage brush is perfect for most people and they should continue to use this rather than change to this metal brush. The bamboo brush is safe to use for all people.
I had this metal brush hand-made to my specific specifications. It was difficult to find someone who could make it for me, and I only have a limited number available. This is a very heavy metal brush, it weighs about 1.6 kg and has 108 metal rods. Shaolin Temple is carved in Chinese on the end of the brush. If used correctly, it will last a lifetime.
Safety Guidelines for Using The Metal Massage Brush
1) The brush needs to be cleaned with a soft cloth before use.
2) The brush must never be used on the head, face or any other sensitive area.
3) Keep the brush in a private place away from children and adults.
4) Never share the brush with another person.
5) Never use this brush without doing Qigong first.
6) Warm up with the bamboo brush first then move onto the metal brush.
7) Do not use this brush for body conditioning unless you have had direct training from a qualified master.
8) Only use this brush for self-massage after the Qigong Forms that I teach on my DVDs.
9) Your body should feel happy when you massage. Listen to your body. If something feels wrong or there is any pain, stop immediately.
10) Exercise extreme caution. Remember, this brush has the potential to damage your internal organs. Make sure you know and understand what you are doing. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified instructor.
I teach five Qigong forms that can be used with this brush. They can be found on the following DVDs:
The Way of Qigong Volume 1,2, & 3
Qigong For Upper Body & Lower Body
And in my book:
Instant Health: The Shaolin Qigong Workout For Longevity
Apart from Qigong Volume 1, all of the above give precise instructions as to how to do the Instant Health Massage. The instructions are the same for the bamboo brush and the metal brush. If you are using the metal brush, warm up with the bamboo brush first. The metal brush gives a deeper vibration to the bones.
I've also made this video to give more clarification on the different uses of the brushes. This is only for a guide and is not a teaching video. Please refer to my teaching DVDs and books for correct instructions on the self-massage.
The metal massage brush is available from my website.